325===1995 overheat less 3 mile

For two week this car have been over heating. Last month I replace the radiator,last week I replace the thermostat and its housing,top hole had a leak; not losing any more water but car
still get hot 3.5 miles both fans are working.
Air in the system. Keep refilling with water until bubbles disappear.

...and fill it very slowly with both bleed screws open.
right... sorry I forgot that.

so did I last weekend until I could only get 5 litres of coolant into the dam thing....
superrog wrote:

You might want to check the water pump is working properly.
It sounds like you have a bad waterpump. The impeller on some of the waterpumps is plastic and can break. You can check this after filling up the cooling system and bleeding the air out. Just remove the radiator cap and run the engine. Rev the engine up a bit and look for coolant flowing out of the top, inside the reservoir. If you don't have any flow than the pump is bad.
as3 wrote:

I have a 95 325 and have always filled it and topped it up with the pressure cap off when refilling after a flush and I have to say that I cannot detect any coolant flow (even after having just stuffed a new metal impeller wp in it). I think it's because the cap is on the overflow tank and not the actual radiator (unlike the caps in days of yore...)
--
-Fred W