325? 330? "X"? input please

Hello, I am on my 3rd bimmer, 1994 540, I am now looking for a safer car, with side curtain airbags as I have recently survived a near death crash with a dump
truck that left my face with multiple fractures and I also have a mild brain injury, one more impact and the damage could be compounded and be very severe. SO... I need to know, what year did BMW start putting side curtain bags in the 3 series? I am looking for a 2001-2003. I am looking for a 4 door 330 or 325 (I am afraid I will be disappointed with the 325 power), or very possibly a Xi version. What are the crash test results of these models? What about durability of the X? Thanks!

Well, I know that my 2001 330xi has side airbags, so you're good.

The xi comes only in sedan; about 5-10% of all 3-series. The 325i is 60-70% of 3-series sold; they're not real fast, but for many people they're enough. The xi has lower-speed differentials (higher ratio) so they have almost the performance of non-xi models.

Heck if I know.

The xi system in the E46 is quite simple (the center diff is a fixed torque split at 33%F/67%R.) I haven't heard of people havng problems.
If you have $50K, a new 530xi would be the ticket.
FloydR
What, you mean they won't exceed 100 mph? I bet they will.
DAS
"fbloogyudsr" < snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
Bimmerlover wrote:

If your main concern is personal safety, why settle on a 3-series? Have you considered a used 5-series or even better a 7-series? Used car prices tend to be a lot closer than original MSRP.
--
-Fred W
Toys for sale, Hey get your toys here: