325 Cabrio

Hi
I have been offered nice G reg (U.K.) 325 convertible with just over 50K (Miles) on the clock. Any idea of value, because I haven't a clue? Thanks in advance.

Neither do we, since you don't say what model year.
Floyd
fbloogyudsr wrote:

well... to be fair, he did. "G reg" is secret code for the model year in the UK. Unfortuantely, I have never bothered to learn the code and don't have a Tom Mix secret UK registration decode ring...
-Fred W

I think G is between August '89 and July '90

Ok, so this is something like the Chinese calendar thing? I'm a Tiger...
Floyd
Yes, basically. For almost 20 years the intial letter of the registration plate indicated the year of registration (1 Aug - 31 Jul)
Recently the letters and numbers got rejigged and the year is shown in numbers. The first letter now indicates area of registration: I think there about 15. As the tax is paid to the central government it does not matter where the car is registered.
We don't have complete freedom to compose number plates like in parts of the US, though we can choose from a range of alphanumeric characters and combos.
Certain ones are not released, e.g. C0 CKK.
DAS
"fbloogyudsr" < snipped-for-privacy@nwlink.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Nice :-) Look on www.autotrader.co.uk
If you buy it change the cam belt unless you know when it was done last. If it's an auto be sure to change the transmission fluid too.

At a guess anywhere between 2.5 & 3.5K depending on condition.
Sorry about the year thing it is late 89.
I was thinking only U.K. residents could give me idea of price.
Thank you for the replies.