325 vs. 328, is there a difference in reliability?

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Wild but true. Perhaps the torque numbers are only better by 27%, but that's close enough.
I want to be perfectly clear, the 328 does not have 30% more torque. The number is in that neighborhood, but I forget the precise number. I used "about" because I don't know the actual number. But it's a significant number.
I haven't done the math, but I suspect that 328 is not 12% greater than 325. I've done the math now, and I was right, 328 is not 12% greater than 325. It's actually less than 1%.
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:13:31 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"

Well, I'm saying I don't believe it, without some evidence. The Greene's numbers make sense to me. Torque is very proportional to displacement.

Ummm, try 2.8/2.5, and I think you'll see the 12% displacement difference.

As it turns out, we're both wrong. The increased torque in the 328 isn't 27%, it's 27 ft pounds, or pound feet to be more correct.
I like Greene's numbers too.

By Greene's numbers: Displacement difference (rounded to 1/10 liter) is .3 liter, so .3/2.5 12.0% increase. Torque difference (207-181) is 26 lb. ft., so 26/181 = 14.4% increase.
Increase is measured as a percentage of the starting figures; that is the 2.5 liter engine.
Tom

Agreed. I originally said that the torque increase was 30%, it's really 30 ft lb, and it's actually 26 ft lb. Dizzy might have been more right than me, but you'll never hear me admitting that, therefore we're both wrong.
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:28:02 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"

I made no errors. I challenged what I saw was an obvious error on your part, and I said that the torque difference in reality will closely track the displacement difference.
You are making yourself look ridiculous with your claims that I was wrong too.
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:01:01 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"

Umm... No, I am not wrong. What was I wrong about? I challenged your error, and I was correct.

Much better.