325 vs. 328, is there a difference in reliability?

Umm... No, I am not wrong. What was I wrong about? I challenged your error, and I was correct.

Much better.

Reply to
dizzy

I made no errors. I challenged what I saw was an obvious error on your part, and I said that the torque difference in reality will closely track the displacement difference.

You are making yourself look ridiculous with your claims that I was wrong too.

Reply to
dizzy

Actually the 2.8 makes less tourque at 5900 RPM than the 2.5. If it made more than it would have more HP at that RPM then 2.5 does. Remember HP is just a function of tourque and RPM. The 2.8s power band is just lower and wider. The reason the 2.8 is so much faster than the

2.5 is because it makes a whole lot more tourque from 3-4K RPM. From 4-5K there isn't a whole lot of difference, the 2.8s a little bit stronger. From 5-6K the 2.5 starts to catch up (by not having the power fall off as much as the RPM climes).
Reply to
Todd Zuercher

Well it's lower alright. I don't think the 2.8 is *so* much faster than the 325/2.5.

Reply to
adder1969

It is in day to day driving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can definitely vouch on the torque advantage.

Did a test with a friend. Me = 96 328is him = 93 325is

We matched speeds go>

Reply to
BC

The 328 has different gearing to the old 325 I believe which will also have an effect. The 328 has an extra 300cc so one would expect it to be a little faster. But how about this - if one bored out a 325 to 2.8l you'd get about

215hp out of it but woudl it be faster than the regular 328i??
Reply to
adder1969