325I Clutch

Sometimes when I go to shift gears the clutch petal sticks halfway down and Iam unable to shift unless I pull the petal back up, is there a cylinder
for the petal that can be replaced, I donn't think it is the pressure plate or throwout bearing any thoughts ?

One or both of the master and/or slave hydraulic cylinder. Usually the slave is the problem. They're quite easy to replace, a little harder to bleed properly.
1st thing to do is to bleed it, as it is quite cheap to do.
FloydR
Hopefully it is not the clutch itself, but I've never had an intermittent hydraulic problem with the master/slave combination.

Not sure about your model, but some have an 'over centre' spring assist. So I'd first look for a purely mechanical problem with the pedal, pivot and return spring first.
--
*Be more or less specific *