325i Tire Pressure

I lost the owners manual, can any one tell me what is the right tire pressure for 2003 325i? Thanks...

Reply to
00_DotNetWarrior

That should be on the actual tires, and the owners manual is available online in PDF form at the BMWUSA web site, but I'll help nonetheless:

16" Front/Rear - 30/35 psi 17" Front/Rear - 33/38 psi
Reply to
E Brown

The owners manual tells you to look at the "sticker attached to the B-pillar"

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe

It varies depending on the load in the car. With the driver only it's 30/35. With driver + 3 passengers and a full trunk, I believe it's 35/42. This is for a car with no Sports Package.

If you're in the US and if you sign in to "Owner's Circle" on bmwusa.com, you will be able to download a manual. I assume you'd be able to do the same at the websites for other countries as well.

Anoop

Reply to
anoop

There is a placard on the inside of the door jamb, follow the inflation instructions there, or put in 30 psi.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

WRONG!

The tire pressure that is printed on the tire is the max pressure that the tire should be inflated to with the max load the tire can carry. The max load that the tire can carry will exceed the max load of the car by a very wide margin.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, the *right* tire pressure is never on the tires. Only the maximum tire pressure is. That is the cold tire pressure that one should never exceed or you may cause catastrophic damage to the tire.

The right operating tire pressure will generally be printed on a placard somewhere on the driver's door jamb. It will vary with the size and type of tires you have mounted.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound