325i Wont go in gear

I backed through my driveway and spun around to pull out. Changed from R to D (drive) and the car stoped moving altogether. No reverse or forward. It is a little cold here - Nj (40deg) but after
warming up the car still will not go into drive. The transmission has been replaced and the fluid level is good.
Any thoughts?
TIA!!! Lance

Yes- I hope the replacement transmission is still under warranty.

Good grief, Lance, why did you move to NJ! From WA?
FloydR

Total failure of drive can be the torque convertor - was that replaced at the same time as the transmission?
Of course it might be another part of the drive chain.
--
*A dog's not just for Christmas, it's alright on a Friday night too*

Is it possible that the shifter linkage is no longer connected to the transmission?
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Folks!
Thanks for the feedback / suggestions.

Lance Reichert wrote:

So Lance,
What did the problem turn out to be?
Cheers, Bob
My bud is checking this out next week. He's the mechanic I bought the car from 2 yrs ago. He serviced the car for years for the original owner and he replaced the first transmission so that should help.
I'll post when the car is fixed.
Lance