325i Wont go in gear

I backed through my driveway and spun around to pull out. Changed from R to D (drive) and the car stoped moving altogether. No reverse or forward. It is a little cold here - Nj (40deg) but after warming up the car still will not go into drive. The transmission has been replaced and the fluid level is good.

Any thoughts?

TIA!!! Lance

Reply to
Lance Reichert

Yes- I hope the replacement transmission is still under warranty.

Reply to
Bob Smitter

"Lance Reichert" wrote

Good grief, Lance, why did you move to NJ! From WA?

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Total failure of drive can be the torque convertor - was that replaced at the same time as the transmission?

Of course it might be another part of the drive chain.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Tom Wright

Folks!

Thanks for the feedback / suggestions.

Reply to
Lance Reichert

So Lance,

What did the problem turn out to be?

Cheers, Bob

Reply to
Bob

My bud is checking this out next week. He's the mechanic I bought the car from 2 yrs ago. He serviced the car for years for the original owner and he replaced the first transmission so that should help.

I'll post when the car is fixed.

Lance

Reply to
Lance Reichert