325xi

Thinking about trading in my 2003 Acura TL for BMW 325xi because I really need AWD. Looking for pros and cons from you who own one. Not sure of the
year; probably 2002-2005. Thanks
325xi is a dog... has no pick up. I have one now, and I'm trading up in a few months to a 330i.
Do you really need AWD?

You're trading a very fine FWD car for a very fine AWD car. I don't think you will find much difference in fit-and-finish or engine-transmission characteristics. You're trading higher maintenance costs (at the 100K mile mark), need for premium fuel, and probably slightly less acceleration for AWD. For max performance in snow/ice, you will still need snow tires (and if you haven't used snows on your TL, it sounds like you should have tried them as they're cheaper than a new car.)
Are you looking for a wagon? If I was limiting my search for the 325 I would go that route. Be sure to get heated seats.
FloydR '01 330xi
The BMW 325xi is a fine car, although decent acceleration is only possible if you rev it up above 4000 rpm. It is very safe to drive, very stable. I've had mine for 10,000 km and nothing failed yet. Best regards.
--
G. Tarantino - Switzerland
1997 BMW 535 253,000 km (152,000 miles)