325XI - Brake Rotors every 30K miles!?

Just got off the phone with the Service Advisor from my BMW dealership. ...needs new brake pads and needs new rotors. He said that 30k-50k is the useful life of BMW rotors, that the rotors
and pads are usually replaced as a set.
Is all of this true?
My '86 VW Jetta is only on it's 2nd set of rotors...

Like everything, it depends on usage. The discs have a minimum thickness marked on the hub and can easily be measured. I've found they last for two sets of pads. But if they are over half way worn when the first set wears out it makes sense to replace them.

Just about every old (RHD) VW I've driven has had crap brakes.
--
*I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce

"Just about every old (RHD) VW I've driven has had crap brakes"
Yeah... maybe they aren't the best brakes; I dont' know. But they seem to stop me before I crunch the car in front. ...same as my 325XI. And that's really all I ask of brakes.

That's rather like saying - "My old **** got me from A to B. And that's all I ask of a car." ;-)
--
*Gun Control: Use both hands.

That's a bit excessive.
It is normal that brakes and pads are replaced at the same time, but typical life is two sets of pads for a set of rotors. If your braking leans to the very mild side, then you may be able to see three sets or pads for a set of rotors. Frankly, if you need pads after 30k miles, you are pretty hard on them. Of course, if you drive in constant stop 'n go traffic, then your brake life will be shorter, and this could explain how you need brakes already. I am not alarmed that you need brakes, but I question if you need rotors already.