325xi early lease termination

Trying to kill some time, I just wandered to my BMW dealership to ask some questions. My lease on a 2003 325xi is up on March 27, 2006. I was curious to see how long a 2006 330i would take to get delivered from Germany. My dealer said that the dealership is looking for

325xi's for their pre-owned unit, so they offered to pick up the remainder of my payments (6 payments), wave the lease-termination fee and any other fee such as over miledge and body damage (I have a 5 inch scratch on my rear bumper). And, if I were to lease a new 330i, they would wave the security fee and knock $1500 off the MSRP.

I would be paying $100 more a month for a 330i, but I'm wondering if this is really too good to be true? Has anyone else been offered something similar? The dealer told me that the pre-owned unit is short on 325xi stock, so they are extending this offer to 325xi lease owners.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Shant M

"Shant M" wrote

Sounds like a good deal to me. It also sounds like BMW is caught in the car sales downturn, too. Now's a good time for AWD cars to sell, so there's a certain logic to what you've heard.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

must be something wrong with your dealership. graf that deal if you can get it.

BMW leads luxury car sales worldwide, dealers in Canada up 35 - 45% from last year.

xi's just arriving and orders already being placed on December production because of demand.

Reply to
330xi

It is common to have the last 6 months of a lease bought out IF you get a new lease on a new car at the same maker as the original lease. Odds are good that your car is worth more than the Residual, and the dealership wants it. If yo take a new lease, then they make the sale on the used car and place a new car. Can you say, "bonus?"

They will waive the security deposit, but what they are really doing is taking your existing security deposit and applying it to the new car.

It sounds too good to be true, but in this case it probably is true.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Actually, It was too good to be true..

The actual deal offered by the dealerships in the area is a 3 month buy back, no mileage or damage fees. Security and disposition fee were waved, if you lease a new bmw.

What pissed me off is that the dealer made it sound like i was special in getting this offer.

Reply to
Shant M

"Jeff Strickland" fantasizes:

On what planet is the residual likely to be less than the value of the BMW coming off a subsidized BMW lease??

I haven't experienced one since the end of the lease on my 93 five series almost ten years ago. Since then, value of the cars leased since, even at a realistic retail have always been thousands less than the residual for which I could have purchased the cars. Even trying to negotiate a "special deal" couldn't get me a better price than I could get at any dealer's lot on a similar car with a CPO warranty thrown in to boot.

DS

Reply to
DFS