325xi or 330xi?

Page 1 of 2
Hi all,
Finally I decide to choose from 325xi or 330xi. 330xi is $5-6k more. Could you guys tell me your opinions?
Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

My opinion is that you should test drive both and buy the one that you like the best. The 330 series has improved standard features, and some of them can't be bought on a 325. Nevertheless, I am not buying the car so my opinion doesn't count for much. Jim

As counterpoint, there are some combinations of features you can get on the 325 that you can't get on the 330. In my case, one was getting the sport package without the sunroof.
-- Larry
ibm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I am looking at the 'Adaptive Xenon Headlights' option. Does it worth, or is it useful?

If you want Xenon lights, the 'Adaptive Xenon Headlights' option is a fantastic deal .
Obviously, if you don't want or need Xenon lights, then don't get it.
But if you are even considering this option, then it would be a foolish mistake not to get it. You cannot duplicate it in the after-market for anything close to what BMW is asking. And, what after-market lights are available, it won't have the adaptive feature.
I bought a 2003 330xi and still wish it had more power! I don't comprehend why someone would buy a 325 just to NOT get a sunroof, whatever!
If you want fuel economy and less power is ok with you, then 325 is great. I had a 540 and to drop down to a 325 was just too slow, just not for me. But if you don't care, then it's great, you'll save on buying price and fuel. It is still a fabulous car, just a little less juice!
bfd wrote:

Most likely I will add this option. Thanks a lot!

How much is this option now? It use to be $700, then $800.
If you can make the payment, go for the 330 and don't look back.
Not only do you get a better motor, you get several creature comforts too.

jeff and I think alike, for 5k you get a lot more, brakes, power.....

No argument with that, but when I drove them both I preferred the 325. To me it just handled better. Felt more "balanced".
Everyone has their own preferences - thank God.

No real reason for that - the engines weigh near enough the same. Did they both have the same suspension packages?
--
*When it rains, why don't sheep shrink? *

Yeah, no Sports Package or anything. I guess there's no accounting for taste. After adding the steptronic, leather/heated/power seats and a few more goodies they priced out within a few K too so that wasn't the reason (although a few thousand here - a few thousand there...) If I decided on the 330 I would definitely have had the manual transmission. This way the wife can drive it too.
I've had Corvettes, SS Monte Carlos, etc. and was more into the handling than the raw power this time. The 325 has plenty but, admittedly, the 330 is a horse.
London SW

London SW

joe_tide wrote:

Really... an automatic and you are worried about being balanced?
Bad idea, buying a car to suit the wife's occasional use. Better to teach the wife to drive a standard. Or trade her for one that can... ;-)
--
-Fred W

I quit the boy racer thing a while ago.

I drove both, but only the steptronic models, and also chose the 325i. The new 325i offers allot of performance for the dollar and is probably equal to, or even better in performance than last year's 330.
Definitely drive both. I got a 325i with premium package, adaptive headlights, steptronic and satellite radio pre-wired for much less than I would have paid for the standard 330.

...but whichever one you select, take European delivery in Munich. You're a fool if you don't.
-- Larry

Oh absolutely! I didn't find out about this until after I bought mine. I'll be picking my next one up over there. I was trying to talk my wife into trading her 4-runner in for an X-3 and then I found out their built here, bummer!

Mmmm, I don't think so. The X5 and Z4 are built in Spartanburg.