325xi sport package, suspension?

Did someone say the 325xi sport package didn't come with "sport suspension"?
Also, does the x 4wd part add alot of weight and efficiency loss
compared to the i version? Does it handle much better even in non slippery situations? Or is it pretty much the same?

If it the 1988 model it is probably well worn by now.

It adds some weight and loses some efficiency. Oh yes and 4WD maintenance costs loads (any major work would probably be more than a twenty year old car was worth and have to go to a main dealer).

The greatest benefit comes on poor, wet or icy surfaces. If you live in Scandinavia or Canada then a car like this could be anything from a boon to a life saver in the winter.
Having had a few interesting moments in snow in a rwd V8, I would certainly recommend this for a cold climate.
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:32:49 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"

If it was the 1988 model, it would be a 325iX, not a 325 Xi.
HTH, HAND, and all that.
--
Dan.

Indeed, and all LHD, however I think the OP is in the USA.

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 01:41:12 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"

You just lost me there.
--
Dan.

IIRC all 4WD 325 iX were left hand drive.
IMO this makes them a pain in the neck to drive in the UK, however I suspect the original poster lives in the USA, where this would not be a problem.