328i 17" performance wheels and ice/snow

Page 2 of 2

My cabin is on an unplowed Forest Service road in the mountains. Our 2nd house is over 1/4 mile up an unplowed road, also in the mts. The ski area I work at in the winter is 8 miles and 2000' higher than my cabin. I guarantee you that I drive in almost the most extreme snow conditions possible. I love smoking big honking SUVs with their all-season knobby's.
FloydR

Yes it is.

Use the summer tyres on the wide wheels most of the year. When snow and ice turns up swap them for the 16" narrower ones.
Sure you have to buy an extra set of wheels and tyres and swap them over (or pay someone to do it), but this is far more sensible than running on winter tyres in midsummer or [wide] summer tyres in the snow!