330 2-Door More Expensive than 4-Door?

The fold down seat also buys you seat heaters on the 330i, no?

Reply to
GLitwinski

Seat heaters will set you back another $500. You may be thinking of the $1,000 Cold Weather Package which includes the fold down seats, heated seats and headlight washers.

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

How about simple supply and demand? People do view the sedan as more practical and so more of those sell, thus BMW manufactures more of them and can take advantage of economies of scale to bring the cost down. I've never see sales figures, but I certainly observe more sedans on the road than coupes.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Oberle

I dunno. I see a lot of coupes, too. I'd venture to guess that the ratio of coupes to sedans is, at worst 1:3 in the US.

In any case, BMW body styles tend to have long runs with few changes and the E46 is a big seller, so there is plenty of economy of scale for both body styles.

Reply to
GRL

I agree. In the old days the 2-door was a cheap version of the 4-door, until Marketing made it into a fancier, 'more desirable' model and called it a coupe...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Yes.