330d turbo noise

I have an E46 330d, which has just starting making a significant hiss or possibly scraping noise when accelerating briskly. It appears almost instantly you put your foot down and dissappears as soon as you back
off. I am assuming that is it is a leak on the compressor side of the turbo, and it is booked in to BMW next Wednesday. Has anyone had a similar problem? I know that early 530d had overboost issues initially, but have any 330d had the same problem?