335 coupe

Saw some at the BMW dealer while having my zhp serviced.
Not awful looking if you like Hyundai/Accord blandness. Pretty inoffensive if non-memorable. However, one of them had weird crescent-shaped amber
reflectors mounted on the front of the front wheel well lips. Really tacky looking. Must have been a factory install as the car was fresh off the transporter.
It just gets more and more puzzling as to what is going on at BMW styling.

    They should all have that, BMW is doing the same thing to the new Z4. The early E90s and Z4s had amber reflectors built into the headlights, but they've been phasing those out and using all clear headlights. DOT regs require an amber reflector visible from the side, so BMW added these. A more elegant solution than on the 2005 Z4, which looks like someone glued a bicycle reflector to the bumper.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
I dunno. I have seen some new 3-Series without those reflectors.
- Geo

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:02:55 -0400, "nopcbs"
    You would, on some E90s. The reflectors are on those US cars *without* amber reflectors in the headlights. Those that are clear - the latest E90s - have amber reflectors in the bumper. That is how the factory does them.     But some people with original headlights like the new clear lenses and swap their headlights for the new ones; their cars won't have the bumper reflectors. This is fairly common on the Z4, and a growing trend on E90s.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
The new E90s looks are growing on me now. I love the headlamps and how serious and distinguished they look. The 18" wheels with low profile tires make the new 3-series look like true sport sedan.
The new 335 coupe is just awesome. I can't wait for the new M3s to come out.
E Brown wrote:

The C pillar reminds me of the old Ford Capri!
Will be interesting to see how a tuned 335 compares to the new //M3......