Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gear Shifting Performance.
My '96 model 523i is doing some weird shifting when accelerating lately. It holds the low gear and will not shift up until I completely take my foot of the accelerator. I am not driving aggresively,...

P1738 - Pressure Control Solenoid "C" Electrical (BMW)
What, and where, is the Pressure Control Solenoid "C" on a '98 7 Series. This is my brother-in-law's car. He's reporting that the car does not shift properly -- I've not ridden in the car and I cannot...
1
1

what do i do when i can't unplug?
trying to replace an oxygen sensor, and have a problem i've never encountered before. i just can't get the wire unplugged. ok, to clarify, this is on the wife's toyota not on either of my bmw's, but...
1
1

Engine Of The Day: BMW M10
It's been 18 months since our last BMW Engine Of The Day, so we're definitely overdue. Here's the SOHC four-cylinder that powered more than 3.5 million Bavarian machines during its 27-year production...

318 hunting on acceleration
My friends 1997 318i coupe seems to be suffering badly on acceleration in first gear only. It hunts severely unless the clutch is slipped, it seems to step up the revs in 1000rpm steps as if you are...
4
4

Smoke from air vents when I turn on the A/C
I just acquired a 1995 525i. I turned on the A/C, but didn't feel any cool air. After about 5 minutes, smoke suddenly started spewing from the vents. So I shut down the A/C and fan. I didn't see...
12
12

BMW OBDII codes and connectors
A friend of mine has a 5-series BMW, I think it's a 2000. We were discussing my laptop-based OBDII/CAN code reader that I use on my own car, and how useful it was. He said he's wary of buying one,...
14
14

BMW used cars
There is a great used car portal out there for searching BMW used cars There is also anew car dealer list for new car dealers available. For those looking to advertise therebusiness in the economic...

Re:Rear haedrest E36 1995
Hi I have a BMW E36 320i 1995 and I want to put rear headrest in. Are the front headrest the same as rear? I can't find any rear headrest that match but I have found a set of front ones. Will they fit...

2000 E46 OBD code 1498
Hi - the check engine light came on today (2000 328i) . I read code 1397 ( Camshaft pos. sensor) along with code 1498. Does anyone know what 1498 is? I saw some info on the web pointing to a...
8
8

88 528e races at cold start...
Hi gentlemen, I wonder if somebody has an idea what I can do to fix this myself. At cold start in the morning the engine races, and it takes a while to calm down, to get to normal idle speed. After...
24
24

Re: BMW 3 Series Saloon 320i
I am buying a 1995 BMW 320i. But the owner doesn't know the model. I don't think it says on the V5. How can I find out what model it is?
14
14

Re: 2001 X5
in article John Burns at wrote on 4/1/09 1:12 PM: Beamers suppose to be hard on the front end ... eats tires real good from my experience ... but not much slipping and sliding going on.

any for sale
I am Looking for anything . Any for sale in NJ ?
2
2

2001 X5
I'm looking at a 2001 X5 with 90k miles. Currently own a 1992 E34 which I'm very pleased with. Any special things I should watch out for. I know the 2001 was the second year of the model, which is a...
8
8