Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Odometer discrepancy
Need some advice folks. I am in the UK. I have signed an agreement to part exchange my BMW for another BMW through a non-BMW gargage. I have since done a check through RAC and they report an odometer...
41
41

Re: Auto Illegal Alein Accident Costs: $228 Million per YearCalifornia (Re: Red Rum Alert)
(Nativist drivel snipped) And this is relevant to BMWs in what way? Tom
2
2

Advice for servicing air impact wrench?
I have a Blue Point air impact wrench that's not give the sort of torque it should, it struggles to undo wheel nuts. It's running from a decent size air tank at 6 bar. I plan to strip it down and...
10
10

Anyone ever tried to use VAG-COM for OBD on a BMW?
I've had VAG-COM (rel.409.1) software for a few years now for diags on VW/Audis, but it apparently also works in a 'generic' OBD1/2 mode also. I'm curious to know if anyone here has heard of its use...

Re: 318i suddenly stops running
in article gp3o3r$cnr$ Jeff Strickland at wrote on 3/9/09 10:45 AM: iyam not worthy ... iyam not worthy your genius shines so bright your daddy calls you sun

Re: 318i suddenly stops running
in article gp3ip3$bu8$ Jeff Strickland at wrote on 3/9/09 9:14 AM: The OP has not begun to give enough information on his problem to allow anybody to give an educated guess.
1
1

318i suddenly stops running
My son has a 1984 318i. The last couple of days it has just cut out while he's been driving. He can start it again no problem. He says that he is not overheating, which it has done a couple of times...
12
12

BMW and Daimler Plan Share Swap
Automotive News is reporting that Der Spiegel is reporting that German automakers BMW and Daimler are planning on exchanging seven percent of each other's shares. Daimler's motivations seem clear...
1
1

Low Priced Cars...As Low As $200. Options
THE TIME IS NOW Let's face it.... the misfortune of others can now become your good fortune! Every vehicle must sell. You can be the fortunate one who takes advantage of these great buys - Many which...
1
1

Re: E36 323i timing chain rattle
You have a bearing somewhere on the way out. Get some fuel hose in your ear and see where the sound is coming from. This makes sense, and the hose will tell you where it is. --scott

Hello Everyone
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. I am excited about being part of such an exciting group.

FEDERAL MOTOR TRANSPORT AUTHORITY CONFIRMS BMW GROUP'S LEADING ROLE IN THE REDUCTION OF FUEL CONSUMPTION
Munich/Flensburg. By far the most efficient premium-class vehicles on the German automobile market are built by BMW and MINI. The official calculation of fleet consumption carried out by the Federal...

Re: Activating car phone in BMW E39 540 UK - which network?
...he he, I have the same problem - got a 1998 540i 3 weeks back, bought an O2 sim card, phone insists that I "check the card"! Any ideas anyone? I assume that unless the phone recognises the card, I...
2
2

Replenish Depleted US Oil Fields c Bio-Diesel Saltwater Ponds (Re: Red Rum Alert Ocean Experiements)
Hey guys ... Hear the news out of Obamabush Land of the Idiots ... they want to dump megatons of liquid iron into the Ocean the size of Africa ... and EXPERIMENT with our LIFE. They don't know what...

Re: Idle Control Valve
in article John Burns at wrote on 2/27/09 5:11 PM: some people use a propane bottle *unlit* ... just turn the knob and allow some gas to escape ... slowly wave it around the intake system when the...