Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Idle Control Valve
Does anybody know what controls the valve on an E38 please? I have replaced it but still have the same intermittent failing to idle fault.
2
2

Re: Not an Head Gasket Problem
in article HangaS at wrote on 2/25/09 2:14 PM: if you trade it in for a 2000 series ... you get all the new technology that makes for the great gas mileage ... rebuilding a BMW engine ... phoooie on...

Will E46 M3 suspension work on 1999 E46 328i
I've got a 1999 328i (without the sport suspension) in need of new struts and springs. Can I put the components from a E46 M3 on my 328i?
1
1

1976 BMW 2002
Welcome to Down On The Street, where we admire old vehicles found parked on the streets of the Island That Rust Forgot: Alameda, California. 2002s everywhere on the island, so let's see another! Our...

Re: Upgrading to Wife 1.0 Tech Support
in article pltrgyst at wrote on 2/20/09 5:41 PM: wrong guess .... sorry for the news ... silly sumbuddie me has no hard feelings over here :?

Re: Upgrading to Wife 1.0 Tech Support
Guess you've been asleep for the past several years while this has been circulating, eh? -- Larry

Not an Head Gasket Problem
Hi, I have a E36 316i with a very strange problem. A couple of weeks ago, after a 200Km trip the top radiator hose came off. It came out while the car was running and made a bang like it came off due...
7
7

Re: E36 323i timing chain rattle
It's not the belt that makes the noise but the idler pulley bearings. Does sound rather like timing chain problems - and is a very common failing on this engine. > to do with oil and component wear....

Re: E36 323i timing chain rattle
He's suggesting that the bearings on the belt idlers are worn and that the balls aren't quite round any more. When the engine is cold and the grease is caked up, the balls rattle around. When things...

Re: E36 323i timing chain rattle
That's basically why I have always avoided the stuff. It might be perfectly good oil, but I find the huge amount of hype and high-pressure sales that accompanies it to be kind of offensive. That said,...

BMW M3 by Iding Power
The latest BMW M3 has received a new upgrade pack from the Japanese tuner Iding Power which instantly became a topic of discussion centered around its enormous rear wing. Although the M3 may require...
3
3

99 528 with hard to open doors
Hey all, we have a 99 528 touring where the door seems to be getting heavy/hard to open from inside... is there anything we can do about this ? one forum mentioned to take a plastic cap off the door...
4
4

Re: E36 323i timing chain rattle
Pull the cover and look inside. If something is wrong, you'll know it. You might as well just replace the chain and tensioner while you have the thing open anyway. But without opening the cover you'll...

Splash shield on E46 Coupe
I'm looking to flush my cooling system and need to remove the splash shield on my 2002 E46 Coupe. Some of the fasteners look like rivets while others are screws. Since my Coupe was bottomed out and...
2
2

2009 3 Series Reviews
I'm looking for a good site, besides where I can read up on reviews of the 2009 3 series. I'm also very interested in feedback on the new iDrive. If anyone can point me to a site or two, I would...
1
1