Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Steptronic gearbox problem.
Spoke to him this evening, and things have changed. Now it appears as if reverse is slipping, and it does it every time it's selected. It will reverse at tickover on level ground, but if given any...
1
1

Re: RPM Wheels
You are comparing significantly different wheels. BBS is a contract manufacturer for BMW wheels along with their own line of aftermarket wheels. The RGR model you referred to is a cold forged heat...

thoughts on used 2001 318i?
Hello, I am considering one of these used. It has full service history and 82,000 km. Is black paintwork and in excellent condition - it's being sold at an estate auction. Is there anything I should...
1
1

Re: RPM Wheels
True. But then the OP didn't indicate interest in aftermarket wheels featuring teddy bears or daisies. Or chrome/polished metal. Or more than five spokes. 8;) You are in a very small minority on this...
1
1

Re: opinions ? 1999 328
Why does anyone WANT all the new technology? Sheesh, I want a car that drives well, not a freaking computer network on wheels that nobody can do basic maintenance on outside of the dealership. --scott
3
3

Re: BMW 7-series
I agree. I like the styling - not too radical but defiantly different and the new sharp waist line adds style - lights look good too! I agree with this too as it brings back the "driver's car" feel...

Tire squirm
So where I live the roads tend to get 'runnels' or channels from progressive use of the road. I find that my 2001 e46 330Ci tends to squirm around in these excessively. I _think_ this is because the...

M3
A friend of my daughter's is looking for an M3, about 1999, with few than 60k miles. How hard are these to find and what do they typically go for? He is in New England. Thanks.

Re: Shutting the windows
My daughter says the windows close with the key. Turn the key to the LOCK position and hold it there.
1
1

Re: Shutting the windows
You can't. The only way to close them from the outside is by using the key in the doorlock and turning the key to the lock position (holding it there will close all windows and the moonroof...

Re: 2004 bmw 325xi: AM Radio Statics and Reception Problems
I recently bought a DAB radio for the 'other' car and discovered it really needed the correct aerial too - so for the thick end of 100 gbp I bought the correct roof mounted active one. About 18" long,...

Re: 318i ignition problem
I have come across similar problems on other cars. Firstly let me say that I have never had a BMW steering column apart so this is conjecture or advice for something to consider. The steering column...
1
1

Re: Next Gen iDrive
"bjn" wrote My apologies for starting a PC vs. Mac rant: I mistakenly thought you were re-opening the rants about iDrive vis-a-vis it's OS being a version of Windows (I don't know if that's still...

Re: Next Gen iDrive
But beyond the very basic windowing system functions, I can write applications that behave the same whether they're running on MS Windows, Mac or any flavor of X-Windows. It's been that way since X...

e34 95 525i oil leak behind oil filter cup housing
A post from 20 years back about an oil leak. Likely a bad gasket, maybe a damaged filter cup surface. --scott
4
4