5 series front disks

Page 2 of 2

Indeed, but micrometers can require some skill to read. A digital readout caliper probably has more other uses too.
--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Are you joking? If you can't figure out how to read a micrometer you certainly shouldn't be doing your own brake jobs. You might hurt yourself...
Plus they come with "instructions". The may be in Chinglish, but they should tell you what you need to know.
--
-Fred W

Oh I can read a micrometer - and don't have to ask advice on how to measure disc thickness. Others, however, are different. And if you've never heard of some having difficulty in reading a micrometer you need to get out more...
--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

< > wrote in message

It isn't the diameter that is important, it's the thickness. With only 20k miles on the car, I have to wonder why you need any brake service at all ...

I'm not surprised, as the last set of front pads on my 328i only lasted about 25k with mostly city use. With 90% highway driving, my Z3 managed over 68,000 on the OEM brakes. Like they say, YMMV!
Tom K.
On Jun 19, 11:16 am, < > wrote:

You should be able to get another 20k out of rotors. I usually just change the rotors with every pad change just cuz they aint expensive if you DIY.