5 series Touring(wagon), mid 1990's

looking for a 5 series wagon, used, from 1993 to 1995 models.....any info on reliability/things to avoid with these models? or are they pretty much good to go provided that it was maintained
correctly?....appreaciate the feedback.
thanks
taken mine on a few 3000+ trips, done a total of 280,000 and been fine while i had it
has occ tick over problem, but this seems common with the age and type of car.
gearbox is fine, electrics fine, only prop is v occ led display saying brake light broblem, there isnt but someone says the wires get stressed in the boot lid so its common
i love mine, just not sporty enough so going back to my salloon when i can

I've heard - seen here and other web places - that the sunroofs are very problematical. Seen a couple of people who have had problems with the self-leveling suspension.
Other than that, the E34 is really bullet-proof.
FloydR
wrote

I'd agree with those comments 200%! If the sunroof(s) actually close ok, leave them closed for good. You *really* don't want to have to work on them, ever. Any self levelleing problems can be remedied by retrofitting standard springs/shocks. Cheaper by $$$$ too.

or worked on.
JB

is there a particular year to avoid? I have mostly seen 1993's and 1995's.....

Not really. I'd personally avoid only cars with the double sunroof and especially the self-levelleing suspension. It *will* eventually fail and cost $$$$. I'd probably go for a cheap older 92/93 car with >200k miles on it too as most of the nasty work will have been done by then (bushes/shocks/ track control arms/steering components/radiator/water pump etc..). The M50 engines are very relaible if looked after. My old 520i touring had 397k miles on it when I sold it 3 years ago and it's still alive today.
JB