523i problems

I have a 1999 523i and the following problems have started
1. Radio goes off intermittently 2. Power steering went off and back on later in day 3. Electronic controls on steering wheel now going on and off
Also signal on dash says that I need fluid for gearbox - Do you have to go with exact fluid as listed on the gearbox -V.Expensive
Thanks
Patrick
Items 1,2,3 somehow points to a faulty ignition switch. I had that problem before and replacing the ignition switch fixed my problems. However, I don't know about the gearbox fluid warning. You should have it diagnosed. There may be a chance that it is also caused by the faulty ignition switch. I remember getting different dashboard warnings also like the airbag warning light, and the brake lights (intermittently) while getting symptoms 1,2,3. The ignition switch replacement seems like a DIY thing. I remember seeing it on the web but couldn't remember where.