524td cylinder head

I have a 1984 Lincoln Continental with the 524td diesel engine. I may need a cylinder head in addition to a head gasket if the head cannot be machined down. I'm looking for sources for new heads since remanufactured items are always suspect (welds etc.) Could anyone please supply some on-line leads?

Thks Larry

Reply to
LAWRENCE POWERS

"LAWRENCE POWERS" skrev i en meddelelse news:BMTDf.2904$%e3.1667@trndny04...

You can get a new one at any BMW dealer in EU - cant you get one in US?

There are several wery good recondition factories in EU that have high quality (not welded) cyl heads for sale

Reply to
ena

Diesel cars are not real plentiful in the US and many used cars more than 10-15 years old get crushed for scrap so the abundance of used, reconditioned heads of this sort is probably limited.

Cheers

ena wrote:

Reply to
Weird