525i Door Problem...

The cable in my '92 525i broke several months ago and I had a car shop replace it with a BMW part (they service BMW's regularly). For some reason though, the door randomly will not open from the inside. I have taken it
back in several times, but they tell me there is nothing to adjust, just hook up the cable and go. However the door will decide not to open for a day or so.
Anyone have any ideas? I guess I could go to the dealership but this seems like a rather trivial issue. I guess I could take off the unit and tie the cable in knot to have more tension. Thanks in advance.
- Scott
Could the problem be in the latch...and not the cable?