525tds oil

could any one tell me if i should use semi or fully synthetic oil (1998 with 60,000 miles) and if i should follow the service indicator lights or replace the
oil after a certain milage. ta
--
jmno
jmno wrote:

This is matter of opinion and everyone has one. I suggest you follow the owner's manual. The people who designed and build your car are your best source of information.

Trouble is, sometime later, BMW changed the oil spec and the oil change intervals. And my dealer insists on using the later oil, but my service indicator calls for the earlier change interval of semi-synthetic.
--
*Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco *