528i headlight problem

I have a 99 528i and recently the inside of my headlight started "bouncing around" whenever I go over the slightest bump.
I inspected it and made sure the lamp is installed properly and it is.
Do you think it's an adjuster that went bad?
I saw some postings on other forums and they talk about having to heat up the headlight to remove the clear plastic to get to the inside.
Do I need to replace this part or is there a poor man's way to deal with this?
Jeff