Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

E65 Noise
Hi, Have uk spec 2004 745i (e65) and have noticed a loud chirping noise, a bit like a slipping fanbelt when the engine is hot. At first, i thought it was fanbelts or pulleys at front of engine but...
4
4

88 325 is - Replacing Transmission Lines
Hey Folks, My transmission was recently replaced and after driving the car for about a month the lines started leaking badly. I could have hit a speed bump or something, but in any case I'm looking to...
2
2

Water Pump on 99 3281
All, I have a 99 328I with 140,000 miles reasonably trouble free so far. Should I pre-emptively replace the water original pump and at what mileage? Otto at Bavarian Autosports thinks I should. Anyone...
5
5

Mud flaps on E65 - crap
Anyone here with an E65 fitted with factory mud flaps? Strange thing is that they are really meaty and solid bit of rubber riveted onto the wings/fenders and rear bumper however, the side that fit to...
3
3

will OBC II or III for e36 post the time ?
when a diagnostic machine is used ? dont know which one i have its a 1998 thanks
5
5

Garmin Dashboard Mount
I just got the Garmin nuvi 200w. As most of you likely know, these units come with the suction cup mount for the windshield, and a separate adhesive disc to use the suction cup mount on the dashboard....
4
4

No clutch in E36 320i
'92 E36 320i M50 engine. Parked at night working fine, next morning clutch no decouples and gears do not engage with engine running. The force and feel of the pedal is as usual. With engine not...
5
5

story about my BMW , garage and an accident . . .
my 328i was parked in a parking garage. everything was fine when i left it there and when i was drivng before . no spongy brakes ect. i get a call next day there was an accident when an attendant...
2
2

2001 530i E39 Repeated Misfire Error Codes - Limp Home
Car has 90,000 miles. I run with 89 octane or better almost all the time. This was definitely true for this last incident today. I have had the car about 13 months. The first misfire codes (Cyl #2 and...
10
10

Marketing 101: Make stuff up, make it visible - BMW's subtle 1-Series shilling
Marketing campaigns are always in search of a new hook, and BMW's gotten creative to help keep the 1-Series on boil. Readers of the March 24th edition of Autoweek were treated to a smattering of...

what's best service manual to get for e39 autos?
hello, my car has developed a groaning sound (sound likes bad bearing on pulley or something like this) coming from engine bay. It's still under warranty so I figure I'll wait until it breaks so I can...
4
4

e46 stereo channel not working
Hi all, I am missing sound from one of my speakers - checked it out and speakers are fine - connections to stereo are fine! So I reckon the head unit is faulty - one of the channels is faulty. Does...

E46 Radio wont turn on anymore
I have an E46 Sat Nav pro radio and it will not turn on the sound or resond to the the change source buttons. The Sat Nav works fine but no sound, the on board computer bit works fine, the telephone...
1
1

2001 E39 Rubbing Noise when Turning
Hi i have a 2001 525i and as i'm driving down the road i hear a noise that sounds like something is spinning and hitting something. it's sounds like a whoop whopp whopp whoop. The sound becomes very...
3
3

Possible damage to wiper arms?
Hi guys, I'm worried about something - wonder if you could advise: Today, exiting the cars wash, I accidentally activated my front wipers while two guys were busy drying the windshield. They moved...
3
3