Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

320i Lambda Drawing Request
I am trying to adapt the Jetronic lambda controller from a 1983 BMW 320i into a Mercedes 230CE, a gray market car. This is to an aftermarket controller that has failed. The trouble is that I need a...

bmw1reeks
Ik heb een bmw1reeks gekocht en doe zelf zoveel mogelijk het onderhoud Kan er mij iemand zeggen of een foto nemen waar zich de dieselfilter bevind en hoe je dat icoontje van een lekke band kan...
8
8

SOUND SYSTEM problem in the E38 740i 95-00 "NEED HELP"
I have been hearing of a high volume of the E38's having a major sound system problem. The major problem is with the sound system not playing half the time. Plus cutting off and the clicking noise...

I thought gas was gas
I thought the only important thing about gas was making sure the correct octane was used for the car. That the same gas was essentially used at all stations. Now this. of the world's top automakers,...
5
5

E46 Petrol fumes in the car!!!!
Hi all, There seems to be petrol fumes within the car - which seem to get stronger when stopped in Traffic - has anybody else had this problem??? Or know what it may be?? Mine is a 2002 e46 316...
6
6

Ignition advance map help needed
I am in a process of fitting distributerless ignition in my '87 BMW 316 (1.6 M10 engine). I finished assembling MegaJolt ignition control unit: when it gets warmer I have to fit it to the car. I now...
3
3

Have you NEGOTIATED anything?
Wait for an important announcement on or about 1/29/2008!

Atlanta service shops?
Any recommendations on independent BMW repair shops in the Atlanta area, specifically in the Midtown/Virginia Highland/Buckhead or Cobb Galleria/Windy Hill areas? The inspection light on my 2003 530i...
1
1

525td Remote Central Locking
I recently aquired a 1994 BMW 525td, all the electrics seemed to be working fine when i bought the car. After a few months the remote Central Locking stopped working. I assumed the battery in the key...

E60 525D SE (UK) - Orange side lights query
Afternoon all I like the amber side LED's (?) fitted to the E60 5 Series on the side of the headlight housing (where it curves around to the side)Sorry cant find a picture to link to. Looking at my...
2
2

2001 325i - Battery used if radio is left on after car turned off
Hi All, I'm a new owner of a 2001 325i 4-door sedan with 103,000 miiles. I've joined the Owner's Cirlce, gotten the owner's manuals (car and Business CD), etc. The one quirky thing about the car is...
11
11

Poltergeists? .... My E39 unlocks itself at random. Any thoughts?
2002 E39. I have recently been leaving it in a rented space in a lot close to my home at night. Four times since I've begun using the lotI have returned to find either the driver's door or all doors...
4
4

Fan Belt
When it is cold out and sometimes when it isnt the fan for my climate control makes a rattling / squeking noise. It goes away if I manually change the speed higher but otherwise when it is around 0 or...
7
7

325 iX viscous coupler?
Hi. I went to look at an 89 325 iX for sale today. I never saw an AWD BMW when I worked on them 20 years ago in San Diego, but it snows here in Northern California. I was suspicious in testing when I...
5
5

Fan Clutch
My daughter has a '00 E46. I put new spark plugs in it today (Sat. 01/19) because we got the car used at about 90k miles, and it now has 111k and we don't really know the service history. I noticed...
9
9