Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Removing personalised plate when selling vehicle?
Hi, I am about to advertise and sell my 2004 BMW M3 and this car currently has a personalised plate on it which I want to keep. I have looked on DVLA's site and found the "V317 Transferring a Vehicle...
17
17

Noise from *front* of my car
My e38 has started making a mild knocking noise, mainly when I'm backing up, and when the car is cold. Sounds to me like it may be coming from the right side, but hard to tell. Wheel bearing going bad...
5
5

Re: recalls -- S P A M, Stay away.

E23 Engine swaps
Just for fun, Has anyone ever swapped a '85 3.5 litre engine into a '84 732i. The original engine was overheated beyond belief and completely screwed. The 3.5 litre engine has now been installed,...
4
4

The Roundel
Join the BMW Car Club of America. It's $40 a year, gets you a $500 discount on any new/certified BMW purchase (alas, after one year of membership), and comes with a subscription to The Roundel, their...

1992 525i 2.5L L6 PFI DOHC 24V
Im looking in to buying a 92 525i wit 129,000 miles on it. I was wandering if its worth buying or is it just going to be a money pit at this point. Its a sweet looking car but Ive never owned a bmw...
10
10

Z3 lovers
Hello Z3 lovers I have got your message loud and clear, if you wish to discuss your transmission problems meet up for a cup tea at my house. Next wednesday, 12.00 noon. Have a happy new year. Al:

Z3 lovers
Hi Z3 lovers , I have got your message load and clear ... !!! Thanks Al:
1
1

My First BMW - 3 Series Convertible
I'm looking at my very first BMW. A 3 Series Convertible. In the past I've only owned Hondas and Chevys. Any advice on buying a BMW (pros & cons). Its the most money I've ever spent on a car and just...
34
34

325 oil light
I have a 2002 325i with 120,000 miles. For a while now, the yellow oil light will come on just after I start the car. It goes out after a couple of seconds. It doesn't happen every time. It never goes...
2
2

Wear Pad Warning Light
Helped my son replace the brake pads (he did the labor), on a 1994 318 -- the warning light is still on - would much appreciate guidance from this fine group on what we need to do to make the light go...
5
5

Noise from rear my car
Hi, Just recently I've noticed a droning noise that sounds like it's coming from the rear of my car. The frequency of the noise picks up with speed and is unrelated to engine speed. It's not a...
10
10

'88 325 Fuel delivery problem,..
Ok, the stalling problem is now over. The car just cranks and won't start, so at least it's not an intermittent fault and it's in the driveway. I have spark. Fuse 11 is good. I have battery voltage at...
16
16

Z4 acceleration
I have a 2005 2.5L Z4 automatic. It seems to me there is a slight hesitation when I start from a complete stop. Then it takes off. Not smooth at all. This is in contrast to my Toyota truck (stick)...
4
4

I'm really confused!
I apologize everyone but I'm baffled on what models/years have timing chains and which ones have timing belts. Specifically, does a 96/97/98 328i/328is have a chain or belt? Also, it seems to me that...
7
7