Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

e46 door panel passenger rear black
Hello all, anyone know where I could find a new or used rear door panel for a e46 01 325xi, black? Over the holidays I ended up marking up a few spots and its driving me crazy. Derek
1
1

528i wagon losing power
Hi, everyone. I just bought a 1999 528i wagon that drove 2 hours home just fine then 2nd day after 20 minutes when going up steep hill starting losing power significantly. Can only step on gas pedal...
2
2

2001 530i
It amazes me that people are so suspect of BMW engineers. Hello, higher output engines, tighter suspensions, and tank-like build will always require a little more TLC than your everyday domestic POS....
9
9

Hi everyone I need some input on ignition
Hi I noticed recently that when i start my car, it always takes multiple times to start the ignition. It is a stick 525i 2002 in good condition. I put the clutch down and try to start it with no...

Wheel Shake
I just bought a 1995 540. I new it had suspension problem when I got. I am trying to find out what it will take to fix it. Drives like a dream untill about 50 mph then the stearing shakes badly; then...
9
9

1987 325 is - Vibration after Transmision replacement
Hey Folks, I just had my automatic transmission replaced. At about 20-25 MPR a loud vibration starts between the center console and the passenger seat. At first I thought it was something in the...
4
4

Is it safe to combine different oils of the same grade?
For example: if my motor had Titan GT1 5W/30 in it and for top-up I use, let's say Castrol 5W/30 - would this be OK? Just wondering because I have some spare oil of the same grade and don't want to go...
6
6

BMW 525i 94 sedan rear driver side door wont open
Advice need: BMW 525i 94 the rear driver side door will not open. It does not seem to have any connection to the lock from the outside or inside handles. The lock actuator is making a noise like it is...
1
1

BMW Plans Thousands of Layoffs (NYTimes.com via Yahoo! Finance)
Facing rising costs and resurgent competition from rivals like Mercedes, BMW announced its first significant layoffs in at least a decade.

FS: MB Rims and tires
Mercedes Benz alloy wheels with 2 good 205HR14 tires. "Old style 126" slotted alloy rims, came from a 1982 300sd. Great for snows. Good condition, balanced and 8/32" tread. $50 for both BobZ Boston...
1
1

325 dies under way,..
Hello, I thought I had this sorted but these same symptoms have cropped up again: I'm cruising along with my sunglasses on and my toe tapping and then the engine stops running. I coast to the side of...
21
21

2008 328i 2dr coupe power steering standard?
I just got the new 2008 328i 2dr coupe. I did not choose active steering. However, I did choose the sports package and the automatic transmission with paddle shifters. I refused a lot of other...
8
8

Civic Si vs BMW 3-series
My previous car was a 1993 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1.6 L V-tek (variable valve timing) engine with 125 hp. I am thinking about buying a bmw 3-series, E30, E36 or E46 because I want a vehicle that has...
6
6

e39 dash got 'leather treatment' on it, how to clean it up??
hello, I took my car to car wash and some genius put leather treatment on the dashboard. Now it's oily, sticky and shiny!! it's not too shiny but you can feel the oily residue. how can I clean it up...
4
4

CD keeps playing on 2008 335xi, Logic 7
This is a Logic 7 system (std w/335 series). When switching from CD to AM/FM for a minute or so, and I go back to the CD, the song on the track has advanced further into the track as if it has kept...