730i Auto Gearbox Problems

Hello everyone i'm new to the site. My engine is running fine but when the car is in drive or any other forwrd gear i have the tiniest amount of power to the wheels.It seems like the clutch is slipping. it's fine in
reverse so i'm baffled as to what the problem might be. i've been advised to check the gearbox oil with the car in drive and foot on the brake which i did and the level is just above what i believe to be the minimum level mark on the dip-stick. Any help and advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thankyou.

An auto has several clutches. Different combinations give the various gears. So your guess is probably right.
--
*I speak fluent patriarchy but it's not my mother tongue

The fact you have a dipstick means this is an M30 730i, not the V8 with the five speed box I'd guess.
Firstly, you have the check the gearbox oil level with the engine running and the oil warmish.
Secondly I suspect you have A clutch pack failure, new gearbox time :-(

The band on the planet carrier* is working. One of the other bands is not.

* this is the band that is held to make the box go in reverse.