735i - Getting the fuel injectors out

I saw that someone had posted this question before but no answer was posted (back in 2002). I want to re-address this question.
The Bentley manual says to remove the fuel injectors by "prying" up the
fuel rail. It says you should do this until both the fuel injectors and the railing comes off as one unit. I've tried doing this and all I get is the sound of plastic cracking. It seems like I am damaging the wire harness casing that runs alongside the fuel rail. I'm probably also damaging the part of the engine that I'm using in order to get leverage to pull the injectors up. I read on another site that you shouldn't use pliers or screwdrivers to get the injectors out because you will damage them. My neighbor says that my injectors are probably rusted, but I see no signs of that. How can you "safely" get these injectors out without causing more damage to your engine?
If it's similar to my e30, one possibility is to remove the rail first, leaving the injectors in, which can then be removed individually. Or you might try softening the o-rings in the manifold with a hot air gun, or spraying them with WD 40.
Sounds like they are carboned in. I had to destroy mine to remove them. So I gambled and bought Mustang injectors from 5-O motorsports and I am very pleased.
The Mustang injectors are of a more modern pintle-less design and slightly flow a little more than the original injectors. I think I paid $240 USD or so. Anyway performance is better as is Milage.
B.D.
what year 735i do you have?
That sounds like an inexpensive way to eek out a little more milage -- we've already ruled out chipping the car, as that appears to only improve performance at fuel economy's expense....

--
Remove x's to send.

I have an 85 635csi.
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsBMW.asp