740 power seats

drivers side power seat... Only the left side of the back support works (lowers up and down) how involved it the fix and or trouble shoot

Reply to
Paul Rood

There's a good write up on that on e38.org (I think) but there's a few ways to fix it..

replace the cable heat & remove part of the end of the cable & replace the cap. cut out part of the middle

basically what (typically) happens is that the cable "expands" and then the interior cable appears to shrink & pull out of the gear/motor so it slips &doesn' traise lower...

You have to pull the seat to fix it.

There's a guy >drivers side power seat... Only the left side of the back support works

Josh Assing