740 power seats

drivers side power seat... Only the left side of the back support works (lowers up and down) how involved it the fix and or trouble shoot

There's a good write up on that on e38.org (I think) but there's a few ways to fix it..
replace the cable heat & remove part of the end of the cable & replace the cap. cut out part of the middle
basically what (typically) happens is that the cable "expands" and then the interior cable appears to shrink & pull out of the gear/motor so it slips &doesn' traise lower...
You have to pull the seat to fix it.
There's a guy on ebay that sells a service to fix it for a few hundred..