740I Blower Motor Circuit Short

Hey, I was wondering if any of you out there have really good BMW skills! I have a BMW at the shop I am working at and the thing just keeps blowing the fuse for the blower motor. We have tried replacing the motor and resister(final stage unit) and have spent 6 hours chasing the wiring. The motor and resister are brand new from the dealer and are not the first ones we have tried. the one we have now is good (bench tested, did not blow any fuses!) any ideas on this would be great! Thanks in advance!

Chazg32

Reply to
Chazg32

Disconnect the motor.

Try the circuit without the motor - if fuse blows then the wiring is faulty.

Try the motor off the vehicle - if the fuse blows the motor is faulty.

Is the blower obstructed in some way? A stalled motor will probably pop the fuse.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton