740i E38 [1995] audio system no sound.

The Audio System is acting up. i was cleaning it one day and listening the radio and the music just fizzed out and that was it; NO MORE SOUND. when its turned on you hear buzzing and clicking and it
left on your may hear a buzz or two come out the speakers; "that scare the s**t out on me". So I dont leave it on anymore. But would like to get it working again and would like some ideas on what maybe be mucking up on this system.
"I WISH SOMEONE WOULD LIST SOME OF THE COMMON PROBLEMS AN OWNER OF A E38 COULD LOOK FORWARD TOO AND MAYBE LIST THE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS"
On Sep 30, 6:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

um, I'd guess you got some cleaning fluid or whatever you were using in the electrics/electronics.

www.e38.org

I was not cleaning the inside of the car............ I was cleaning the outside. I was having problem with the system before, where it would not play one day then start back the next. {I was a Deejay for more than 20 yrs and know how to clean electronics.} I did a few test today and found the the tape player led read out blinks off and on when I adjust the balance and fader. Plus there is a clicking sound when I adjust the dsp , fader and balance. Because I am hearing sound thru some of the speakers that means the amp is still good and the problem is somewhere in the front units. If anyone ever had a problem like this one please let me know what the solution is to fix it.
On Sep 30, 11:11 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

if you were listening to the radio and it did that you might check your antenna connections from the antenna and radio and the wire itself