Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rough Idle, Check Engine Light Intermittent
I have a 1994 530i that has been running quite well in the three years I've had it. However, recently I've been having a bit of a problem. The car idles rough and almost dies. Then it speeds up...
11
11

Water pump -- does this make sense?
I have a 1984 318i and I was stuck in traffic recently and noticed that the temperature was going up. I figured that if I ran the heater it might help cool down the engine. But when I turned it on, it...
9
9

Re: RX8 Need For Speed History (Carbon)
And dreadful efficiency. WTF do you think everyone else abandoned this principle?
7
7

Are LL04 oils suitable for cars that require LL01?
Would it meet or exceed the requirements - or should I just stick with LL01? Any info. would be very much appreciated.

Speedometer accuracy
After taking delivery of a new E92 325i coupe a week ago, I am a bit disappointed with the fact that the speedometer indicates 100 kph while the car is actually only doing 95 kph (extensive test on...
11
11

'88 E30 stops running,..
'88 325. It just died while driving up a hill today. All the dash lights were lit up like you had the key in position one. I pulled over and It started fine and I drove to town. It died again under...
13
13

BMW makes starter buttons even tackier
Drivers who purchase a 2008 BMW 1 Series in the U.S. will be reminded they are one of the first in the country to own the new model every time they start or stop the car. Every 2008 model coupe and...
1
1

Brake fluid change on E46
I'm looking to change the brake fluid on my 2002 E46. My Bentley manual states that a BMW tool is needed if air is introduced into the system. Sounds like this might be a problem. Does anyone have any...
2
2

e36 side skirt question
When i bought my 1997 e36 318tds compact it already had a body kit on it. I have noticed that the drivers side skirt is loose at the front close to the front wheel. I can push it back on but it keeps...
6
6

Break in Tips
Anyone have useful tips for breaking in (not breaking into) a new BMW. I just purchased a 335i convertible, and the dealer said nothing to worry about ... which I don't 100% trust. I'd like to keep...
15
15

Manual vs. steptronic
I was thinking I'd get a manual, for the fun of shifting. Haven't driven one in years though. The BMW manual was very smooth, but the gear shifter is very "tight", little confusing to know which gear...
41
41

Synthetic Oil
Hi guys, Earlier this year I bought a brand new 550i. I know, I know.... spoiled brat. My last car was 1993 MB 400e and I bought it a year old with 12k miles on it and changed the oil every 3k without...
41
41

DIS plus green installation cd
Hi every one: who have DIS plus green installation cd V2.0.

850i Alarm problems
Hi Guys I have a 1991 BMW 850i.When I lock the car and leave it for 20 minutes,the alarm goes off and I have to unlock the car and then relock it to reset the 20 minutes later the alarm goes off...
1
1

Standard Accessories ... what's worth it and what isn't?
Hi all, Just took delivery of 335i Convertible this morning. When going through financing, I was offered the standard accessories/add-ons: extended warranty, extended maintenance, dealer installed...
6
6