Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Parking sensors
I have a 2002 320DSE fitted with parking sensors at the rear. Now when I engage reverse gear I get a constant tone when there's nothing behind the car and I'm told that this probably means that one of...
11
11

[E39] Thermostat - how low is too low?
Anyone know the proper operating temp range for a thermostat on an e39 (530i)? Mine will get up to about 92C, but then occasionally drops down to as low as 78C, for example when driving on the highway...
7
7

tank venting hole
Hi, May anybody provide an answer to the following questions please ? How is the fuel tank vented on a Z3 (mod 2002) ? Where's the venting hole located? TIA
20
20

Tyre change
To improve the ride of my 2002 330: Rear: 8.5X18 rim 255/35R18 changed to 245/40R18 (diameter increase +2.69%) Front: 8X18 rim 225/40R18 changed to 225/45R18 on the front (diameter increase +3.43%)...
21
21

Heater fan issue - 2002 325i
I have a 2002 325i and I guess it is just getting to that point where repairs are going to dog me. I recently posted about my oil light issue, thanks for all the responses but I also have two other...
23
23

How to - Activate multifunction wheel for bluetooth calling?
Hi, I have a 2003 plate bmw 318i SE with multifunction steering wheel. There are about 8 buttons on the wheel, two of which are: R/T and a face with sound waves projecting. I do not have any other...
2
2

Big Ben in my BMW 5 series ....
Hi All, A few weeks ago, I bought a second hand 525d .... Every hour, Big Ben is ringing in the car :-) This is not really a problem, except it rings loudly and I have a heart attack each time !! Does...
13
13

Which alloy wheels fit an E34 525 TD
Hi everyone, I have the standard steel rims with 195/65/15 tyres on my 1994 525 TD. And before I go looking on ebay for a set of alloy's complete with tyres, I was wondering if someone would be kind...
5
5

2002 X5 with 90,000 miles - don't know what to do
Hey all, I have a 2002 BMW X5 with 90,000 miles. Every time I go to a dealer for routine maintenance it seems to me like they are taking me for a ride by telling me of all the things that I should...
1
1

Who should recover my car?
Hi, everybody! The car is less than 1 year old. It was bought at a dealer company. All technical equipment and additional options was set only in spetial auto-service. One day I was driving my BMW-X5,...
3
3

97 528i running ruff obd II codes
I have a 1997 528i (BMW), with 145,000 miles on it... the car started running ruff at idle and the check engine light has come on. I am getting 4 p-codes p0170 fuel and air metering bank 1 p0173 fuel...
2
2

Gas prices
The price of crude closed today at a record $90.60. Gas price is expected to significantly increase in the coming weeks/months. I am trying to do something about it. I have formed a discussion board...

E36 test codes?
Can anyone tell me what the tests are that come up on the ODOmeter when you hold the trip reset button whilst powering on the ignition? What do you do with that info? Where can I find out more? Thanks...

318i short circuit
Just got an electrical problem and wondered if anybody had hints about where to look. It's a 1984 318i. The radio (a recent one from the previous owner), clock, glove compartment light (there is one,...
1
1

E34 Coolant Level Warning
I have a 1993 E34 with the M50 engine and I'm getting a coolant level warning. I have done the following: checked the coolant level - everything is OK changed the sensor with the float - still get the...
2
2