8.5 hours to replace windshield rubber gasket?

About par for the course -- My 7 took 1 hour 40 mins byt the time he was packed up and away

Sir Hugh of Bognor

hsg

The windshield is held in with a special glue/sealant, it is not a "gasket" the way we normally think of them. The trim is separate. So Does the windshield need to be resealed, or do you just need to replace the trim? BTW, the dealer is way way too expensive. The independent glass guys can do the job in an hour and charge you an hour to do it. The local dealer here used to hire the independent glass guy to do the job in an hour, and then charged 8.5 to the customer. Now they have the dealer techs do it, it takes them 3 or 4 hours because they aren't glass guys. Plus the quality is lower because they aren't experts, and they still charge 8.5 hours.

Reply to
BiffBMWguy

"BiffBMWguy" wrote

I just needed the trim. I bought it from the dealer and replaced it myself. It took 30 minutes, if that.

Pete

Reply to
Pete