80,000 mile inspection?

1998 2.8 litre Z3

Got an oil change in the Z3 a week ago, and now the odometer warning lights say "INSPECTION" with 1 amber and 1 red.

Does anyone know what this inspection entails?

I know it's not the 60,000 tuneup, that was done by the people we bought it from.

Thanks!

Reply to
perry lee

Assuming the "60,000 mile" tuneup was actually done, then the person who did the INSPECTION, probably didn't reset the lights. What proof do you have that a "tuneup" was done at 60,000 miles? It should have been an Inspection II.

Reply to
bfd

The service book gives details of what is needed and what has been done. Not got one on a secondhand car? Ask why...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)