Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

83 (us spec) 633 ECU
Anybody ever repaired one of these things? Hans and Franz have figured out mine is fragged, as the car runs with an ECU from their 5-series sparts car but starts but will die under any load with my...
4
4

325i Oil light question
I have a 2002 325i w/75000 miles. the amber oil light comes on after 30 seconds and remains on for 15 seconds every time I start the car. The oil is full and it indicates that the next service isn;t...
4
4

Scan Tool for 2003 BMW 330xi
Hi, I thought I would ask all you professionals for your advise in selecting a scan tool for my BMW (2003 330xi) as well as a 2001 Toyota Corolla. I know there is a fairly good selection now....
2
2

Amber oil light issue
I have a 2002 325i w/75000 miles. the amber oil light comes on after 30 seconds and remains on for 15 seconds every time I start the car. This happens whether the car is cold, warm or whatever. The...

E30 Hard Top
Hi all, I'd like to know what recent 'E30 Hard Top's have sold for on eBay? TIA Al Ritchie
1
1

88 325 - how do you drop the steering column?
Hello, I need to replace the turn signal switch on my '88 325 automatic. The plastic bottom cover of the column comes off after removing the steering wheel but it looks like the top piece can only be...
2
2

E46 couple question...windows in door frame
I got a ride in an E46 and noticed something funny about the windows. The windows are kind of "stand alone"...they are not "in the frame" of the door like on my old Japanese car. When you close the...
7
7

325xi sport package, suspension?
Did someone say the 325xi sport package didn't come with "sport suspension"? Also, does the x 4wd part add alot of weight and efficiency loss compared to the i version? Does it handle much better even...
5
5

325 - no windshield washer
1988 325. I can jump the pump with a hand held 12v battery and it pumps but if I use the switch on the steering column nothing happens. Any idea where it would get lost along the way? The fuse is...
3
3

325 - air conditioner isn't cold.
1988 325. The air conditioner blows cool air but it's not cold. You can turn the temp dial all the way cc and it's not any different than using the ac.
1
1

325 radio - no balance control?
There's a control for front/rear speakers but how do you adjust the left/right balance. The passenger side is quite a bit louder than the drivers. It's a 1988 with a factory cassette player/radio....
11
11

e30 convertible question (a silly one!)
First let me defend myself by saying the Scottish weather isn't exactly designed for cars with no roof! So I've not seen many convertibles. The rear side panels have what look like interior door...
7
7

Questions about E36 convertible
Hi All, Had a few questions regarding the E36 model convertible and I'd be most grateful if anyone could help: 1. Do the the rear seats fold down at all to increase luggage space? 2. Is the rear...
3
3

e39 audio mute problem
Hi, I have a 2001 e39 Uk spec 530 with the sat-nav/TV option. There is an issue that the audio mutes occasionally. It seems all audio sources are muted and it can usually be recovered by switching to...

computer error message encountered while fixing 1990 535i...help!
My dad has been trying to fix our 1990 BMW 535i for about two weeks now. The other day, after he put the new batery in, it flashed on the computer this error message: "pppp". Does anyone know what...
1
1