83 bmw 633csi

need to replace pinion seal on differential.A regular socket does not work.Is there a special tool or do I hunt down a thin wall socket?Thanks

I bought a Craftsman socket at Sears to do that job but I still had to turn it down a little to get it to fit. It came sealed in plastic packaging so I didn't know it was too big until I got home. Another manufacturer may make one with a thinner wall. I see one for sale here at http://www.sirtools.com/bmw_page_2.htm but they don't give a price.

BavAuto sells them for $34.95, part # 231210. http://www.bavauto.com /