Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help Economy mode auto is rough, Power is smooth
I've just bought a 97 BMW 323i. (150ks / 65000 miles) Test drive etc was fine, driving it home, I noticed it was VERY rough at about 100kmh (60mph), I rang the previous owner who said it sometime...
8
8

94 525i driving problem. Major sway at highway speed.
I have a 94 525i with fairly new tires, and it looks like the control arm was recently changed by the previous owner. driving the car at highway speed it does not track straight. I have to constantly...
2
2

Run flats with sport package, mandatory?
I'm thinking of buying an 04 330 or 325 coupe both with sport package. Do you have to use run flats with the sport package? Due to the low profile? I've heard mostly bad things about them.
1
1

Check Engine Fault 97 328 E36 convertible
Hi all, I hope someone can help with a weird problem. I have a '97 E36 328 convertible (~96K miles). Recently, the 'Check Engine' light has been coming on and the car seems to go into 'Safe mode'...
2
2

ECU Chips. Do they work?
Hi. Anyone know, or have had experience with one of these so called 'superchips'? Claims of 13bhp increase and fatter torque curve? Have an E39, 528 and am wondering if its worth the £300. It looks a...
6
6

Rain Sensor
Can anybody tell me if I can deactivate/turn off the rain sensor on my 1998 735 and just have manual control of the windscreen wipers please?
15
15

335i overheating, comments?
There's been talk about the 335i overheating if really hammering it, 'specially the versions without the extra oil cooler (which comes with Sport package only). Any truth to the overheating? Is it...

Repair Cost of Timing Chain
My 1994 525i has about 145,000 miles on it and it has a noisy timing chain. It is noisy when hot and cold. I have read on here that it could just be the tensioner if it was noisy when cold. I am...
1
1

GPL conversion for BMW 318is coupe 1996
I'm thinking about a GPL conversion for my 318is Any good/bad experience? Wich kind of plant do you suggest me ? Thanks *FeDe* Italy

timing chains supplier
Dear Purchasing/import dept Manager, We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of auto chains with 10 years experience in China. Our main products are: Auto timing chain Rollering...
1
1

A ZF auto question
Not strictly BMW only, but here goes. The 4 HP 22 as used in many early BMWs had a detachable bellhousing. The 5HP 18 (528 etc) not - the casing is one piece. Is there another 5 speed used on more...

1989 525i brake light issues, and
Hi, I have a 1989 bmw 525i ... I have problems with the entire insterment cluster going dead when I push the break pedal... it only seems to happen when the car is cold. It also seems to be affectied...
1
1

E30 a/c microfilter
Does E30 have the micro-filter for passenger compartment ventilator? I found some manual that has a procedure for replacing it.
4
4

1989 BMW 750 il
Hi How do I know for sure my head gasket is blown? .. I think it is. what are the symptoms? Thanks for your help
2
2

2001 BMW X5 3.0i Need Help Replacing Door Speakers
Has anyone replaced any or all the speakers in this vehicle? I'm wanted to update mine, but didn't know where to begin. I have installed stereos/speakers in my previous cars, but this would be a first...