Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'88 325; howling sound from front end,..
Hi, I just bought a 1988 325 automatic with 144k miles which has a loud howling sound coming from the front end of the car somewhere. I can't tell which side. It's independent of the engine rpm but...
18
18

help, im getting a trans failure problem
hi, i have recently got myself a bmw 740 e38 with and intermitantly it give a trans failure message, i took it to a garage and he downloaded the faults, it had a couple of old misfire faults an the...
2
2

Ceramic brake pads
Took my '91 E30 318i to the corner garage for a brake job. When I got the car back, noticed right away that most braking (except a very light touch) takes about twice as much pedal pressure. Told the...
14
14

M50 520i intake manifold same as 525i?
There's a 520i 34 breaking near me and I have my eye on it's intake manifold to upgrade my 328i. The 520i and 525i manifolds have different part numbers, but I'm wondering if there's much difference?
3
3

Bad idea to buy used from CarMax
just wondering if the good BMWs that could pass through the "BMW certified used" would go to the dealer, whereas maybe the ones not kept up would wind up at Carmax? They have 04 330 with 30K miles for...
1
1

E39 Headlights dim when I press the brakes
Hello, I have a 2000 E39. Tonight when I started the car, the "Service engine soon" light was illuminated. The car seemed to be running fine. I started to notice though when my foot hits the brake...
5
5

'73 2002 Dash Cover, Anyone?
Friend's looking for a replacement cover and all he can find is '74 on. Anyone know a source of something that fits a 1973?

Tyre diameter
Apologies if this has been discussed before but why does an increase in width of a tyre increase diameter of the wheel? I am thinking of changing rear 255/35R18 and front 225/40R18 to 225/45R17 for...
19
19

fog lights
it is a 84 528e; The fog lights dont come on when i turn the switch on /they are stock with the car
4
4

Code 1222 - 535i
Have replaced the O2 sensor, did not fix - running very rich, stumbling at idle. other suggestions? Thanks Scott
1
1

Outside temp sensor
The OBC on my '99 E46 is now reading a constant -40oF. Anyone know if there is an easy fix for the sensor or (alternatively) what kind of $$ I'm looking at to have the dealer fix the problem? Thanks,...
3
3

Idle hunts, gas smell
Thanks again everyone for the advice on the Bentley manual. Right now, on my 1990 525i, the idle hunts between roughly 1300 and 700 RPM, and I also have a gas smell coming from the engine at idle. Any...
3
3

BMW Debuts Its 2008 1 Series Convertible - VIDEO FEATURE (The Auto Channel)
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - October 2, 2008: BMW has launched its BMW 1 Series Convertible, the fourth model in its series. The vehicle features an electro hydraulic operated soft top that closes within 22...

Oil Usage - members poll
Hi. Can I get an idea about how much oil people car's are using. My e46 320 coupe got topped up about a month ago because the yellow oil light was on. The light is back on now so I reckon I've a...
33
33

IDLE
I'BEEN HAVING AN IDLE PROBLEM WHEN I START THE CAR IN THE MORNING, I FEELS LIKE IS GOING TO STOP, AND ALSO RECENTLY TTHE SAVILIZATION LIGHT CAME ON AND I CAN'T GET IT OFF.
1
1