85 bmw 735i-- won't start up--it will crank over

it will turn over fast but won't start..12v coil has fire on both primary post but no fire at the secondary post that links the distributor. fuses good.fuel delivery good. got any suggestions.

-- Message posted using

information at

bojames

"bojames" wrote

Check the battery voltage; I've seen them turn over but be too weak to give an adequate spark. Check coil output.

Might help if you mention the model and engine.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Er see subject - 1985 BMW 735i - so it is an E23 with an M30 engine.

Charge up the battery with a charger and see what happens.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Reply to
Michael Yeager

thanks, i've tried another coil and new battery,

-- Message posted using

information at

bojames

thanks mike,for tickering my brain, hot diggie dog, it was the main relay, on the passenger side firewall, in the engine compartment, a 5 prong square relay, just above the hood latch

-- Message posted using

information at

bojames

thanks guys, mark and floyd