86 bmw 735i

Need ideas....to start the car sometimes I would have to turn the key several times before it would do anything. Now of course it will not do anything. Have tested the starter, it's fine, replaced the lock
cylinder...still nothing. What should I try next?? thanks!!!

If it's an auto make sure the park/neutral inhibit circuit and relay are working. I'd also clean the body grounds and battery connections. I've seen a slightly low voltage at the starter motor solenoid cause this, it may be sticking a bit too.