86 BMW loses gauges & power windows

My windows were not working on my 86 BMW and my mechanic "fixed it" by hardwireing a wire in the fusebox - now sometimes when I drive most of my
gauges stop working and my power windows stop also - but then sometimes everything will work again - my mechanic can not find the problem - any suggestions - I realize this must be a loose wire somewhere or bad ground

More liekly a bad relay. What model is it?

LMAO! Everybody knows ALL BMWs are the same and have only one wiring diagram. We don't need no stinkin' model numbers! Hey, John, doesn't this seem to be the same thing every time? I'd chime in, but my clairvoyance is on vacation.
Bill in Omaha