87 325i starting problems

I recently purchased a mint 87 325i auto with < 60k miles on it. Problem being it was in storage for 8+ years and since it was recently used this year it has started alot of oil leaks from dry gaskets. I replaced the oil pan gasket and stop around 80% the leakage but its still a mess to see where the rest of the leak is coming from. Any common areas on these? Once started it runs like a dream, lots of power but it does have a problem starting, seems to turn over for maybe 10secs before starting and I get a bit of a fuel smell. Could this be a blown head gasket? or clogged injectors from sitting so long? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Darren

Reply to
Tado

Valve cover gaskets are another common oil leak spot. Have you checked your plugs, wires and distributor? You may not be getting enough spark to start the engine. Since the fuel pump is on, you're starting to smell the unburned fuel that is being sent into the combustion chamber prior to it catching.

Kyle.

98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene