87 325is ABS question...

My son has aquired a fairly clean 87 325is and I'm in the process of working out the kinks. One of the things I have noticed is that sometimes the ABS light goes out and sometimes it doesn't. Another thing that has me guessing is that sometimes when the light is out (ABS system says it's OK), the brake pedal will pump while sitting at a dead stop. This is the first time I've seen this behavior. Anyone else seen it and possibly know why?

Reply to
Psycho

Sharkman540i

Mine started doing this once after we had done fairly extensive work in the back end (clutch -- ie driveshaft and new rear guibo, and then rear wheel bearings both sides 1 month later).

While we were down there we noticed the abs lines looked a little rough. The guys in the lists think this is probably what's at fault.

My ABS light will come on sometimes, after which ABS is down. Other times, it works fine.

I'm going to replace the lines when I get time.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Do we think the three big letters ABS on the light are too complicated to read?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.