I cleaned all electrical connectors I could find, or that are at least
in the area of the business end of the intake system.
I found a few with a lot of corrosion and green deposits.
So I cleaned them, and lubed them with this electrical grease.
Then I found two tiny vacuum hoses that had little splits near their
connection. They reacted to my WD-40 testing. I replaced them, as they
were too short to be trimmed, and the material looked sort of
Checked for totally free movement of all linkages, as well as what
looks like the air-flow meter. Also inspected that stepper motor
connection is fine, and checked for vacuum leaks at those rubber
elbows that hook it into the intake system.
Now, ....all I have to do is, wait for tomorrow morning, when the
engine is cold, to try it out.
Thanks for everyone who responded. Everything was approached by you
with common sense and logic. I am grateful for that.